Last updated: 7/27/2023
How We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
To provide the Services, we collected your personal information over the past 12 months from various sources, as set out below. The information we collect and use varies depending on how you interact with us.
In addition to the specific uses set out below, we may use the information we collect about you to communicate with you, provide the Services, comply with any applicable legal obligations, enforce any applicable terms of service, and protect or defend the Services, our rights, and the rights of our users or others.
What Personal Information We Collect
The types of personal information we obtain about you depend on how you interact with our Site and use our Services. When we use the term "personal information," we refer to information that identifies, relates to, describes, or can be associated with you. The following sections describe the categories and specific types of personal information we collect.
Information We Collect Directly from You
Information that you directly submit to us through our Services may include the following:
- Basic contact details include your name, address, phone number, and email.
- Order information includes your name, billing address, shipping address, payment confirmation, email address, and phone number.
- Account information, including your username, password, and security questions.
- Shopping information is the products you see while browsing through our store, put in your cart, or are added to your wishlist.
- Customer support information, including the information you choose to include in communications with us, for example, when sending a message through our Services.
Some Services features require you to provide us directly with information about yourself. You may elect not to provide this information, but doing so may prevent you from using or accessing these features.
Information We Collect Through Cookies
Information We Obtain from Third Parties
Finally, we may obtain information about you from third parties, including from vendors and service providers who may collect information on our behalf, such as:
- Companies who support our Site and Services, such as Shopify.
- Our payment processors collect payment information (e.g., bank account, credit or debit card information, billing address) to process your payment to fulfill your orders and provide you with products or services you have requested to perform our contract with you.
- When you visit our Site, open or click on emails we send you, or interact with our Services or advertisements, we, or third parties we work with, may automatically collect certain information using online tracking technologies such as pixels, web beacons, software developer kits, third-party libraries, and cookies.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- Providing Products and Services. We use your personal information to provide you with the Services to perform our contract with you, including processing your payments, fulfilling your orders, sending notifications to you related to your account, purchases, returns, exchanges, or other transactions, creating, maintaining and otherwise manage your account, to arrange for shipping, facilitate any returns and exchanges and to enable you to post reviews.
- Marketing and Advertising. We use your personal information for marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send marketing, advertising, and promotional communications by email, text message, or postal mail and to show you advertisements for products or services. This may include using your personal information to better tailor the Services and advertising on our Site and other websites.
- Security and Fraud Prevention. We use your personal information to detect, investigate or take action regarding possible fraudulent, illegal, or malicious activity. If you choose to use the Services and register an account, you are responsible for keeping your account credentials safe. We highly recommend not sharing your username, password, or other access details with anyone else. If you believe your account has been compromised, please get in touch with us immediately.
- Communicating with you. We use your personal information to provide you with customer support and improve our Services. This is in our legitimate interests to be responsive to you, provide adequate services, and maintain our business relationship.
Most browsers automatically accept Cookies by default, but you can set your browser to remove or reject Cookies through your browser controls. Please remember that removing or blocking Cookies can negatively impact your user experience and may cause some of the Services, including certain features and general functionality, to work incorrectly or be unavailable. Additionally, blocking Cookies may only partially prevent how we share information with third parties, such as our advertising partners.
How We Disclose Personal Information
- With vendors or other third parties who perform services on our behalf (e.g., IT management, payment processing, data analytics, customer support, cloud storage, fulfillment, and shipping).
- When you direct, request us, or otherwise consent to our disclosure of certain information to third parties, such as to ship your products or through your use of social media widgets or login integrations, with your consent.
- With our affiliates or otherwise within our corporate group, in our legitimate interests to run a successful business.
- In connection with a business transaction such as a merger or bankruptcy, to comply with any applicable legal obligations (including responding to subpoenas, search warrants, and similar requests), to enforce any applicable terms of service, and to protect or defend the Services, our rights, and the rights of our users or others.
We have, in the past 12 months, disclosed the following categories of personal information and sensitive personal information (denoted by *) about users for the purposes set out above in "How We Collect and Use Your Personal Information" and "How We Disclose Personal Information":
CategoryCategories of Recipients
- Identifiers such as basic contact details and particular order and account information
- Commercial information, such as order information, shopping information, and customer support information
- Internet or other similar network activity, such as Usage of Data
- Vendors and third parties who perform services on our behalf (such as Internet service providers, payment processors, fulfillment partners, customer support partners, and data analytics providers)
- Business and marketing partners
We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information to infer your characteristics.
User Generated Content
The Services may enable you to post product reviews and other user-generated content. Choose to submit user-generated content to any public area of the Services. This content will be shared and accessible to anyone.
We do not control who will have access to the information you choose to make available to others. We cannot ensure that parties accessing such information will respect your privacy or keep it secure. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that you make publicly available or for the accuracy, use, or misuse of any information that you disclose or receive from third parties.
Third-Party Websites and Links
Our Site may provide links to websites or other online platforms operated by third parties. Suppose you follow links to sites not affiliated with or controlled by us. In that case, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions. We do not guarantee and are not responsible for the privacy or security of such sites, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of information found on these sites. Information you provide on public or semi-public venues, including information you share on third-party social networking platforms, may also be viewable by other users of the Services and those third-party platforms without limitation as to its use by us or a third party. Our inclusion of such links does not imply any endorsement of the content on such platforms or of their owners or operators, except as disclosed on the Services.
Security and Retention of Your Information
Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee "perfect security." In addition, any information you send us may need to be more secure while in transit. We recommend that you do not use insecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us.
How long we retain your personal information depends on different factors, such as whether we need the information to maintain your account, provide the Services, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce other applicable contracts and policies.
Your Rights and Choices
Depending on where you live, you may have some or all of the rights listed below concerning your personal information. However, these rights are not absolute and may apply only in certain circumstances, and, in some instances, we may decline your request as permitted by law.
- Right to Access / Know. You may have a right to request access to your personal information, including how we use and share your information.
- Right to Delete. You may have a right to request that we delete the personal information we maintain about you.
- Right to Correct. You may have a right to request that we correct the inaccurate personal information we maintain about you.
- Right of Portability. You may have a right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and request that we transfer it to a third party in certain circumstances, with certain exceptions.
- Restriction of Processing: You may have the right to ask us to stop or restrict our processing of personal information.
- Withdrawal of Consent: Where we rely on consent to process your personal information, you may have the right to withdraw this consent.
- Appeal: You may have a right to appeal our decision if we decline to process your request. You can do so by replying directly to our denial.
- Managing Communication Preferences: We may send you promotional emails, and you may opt out of receiving these at any time by using the unsubscribe option displayed in our emails. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or orders that you have made.
You may exercise any of these rights indicated on our Site or by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights. We may need to collect information from you to verify your identity, such as your email address or account information, before providing a substantive response to the request. Following applicable laws, You may designate an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require that the agent provide proof that you have authorized them to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us. We will respond to your request promptly as required under applicable law.
If you have complaints about how we process your personal information, please get in touch with us using the contact details provided below. Suppose you are dissatisfied with our response to your complaint, depending on where you live. In that case, you may have the right to appeal our decision by contacting us using the contact details below or lodge your complaint with your local data protection authority.
Please note that we may transfer, store and process your personal information outside your country, including the United States. Staff and third-party service providers and partners in these countries also process your personal information.
Suppose we transfer your personal information out of Europe. In that case, we will rely on recognized transfer mechanisms like the European Commission's Standard Contractual Clauses or any equivalent contracts issued by the relevant competent authority of the UK, as applicable, unless the data transfer is to a country that has been determined to provide an adequate level of protection.